Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Our Actions.

Our Actions.

Yesterday was a remarkable day for me.  A day I will remember and cherish for a very long time.  A day that taught me a life long lesson.  See, I am one of those people that are so busy caring for others, that I neglect myself.  I put such a huge responsibility on myself for being there for others, that the thought of someone “giving” to me just does not enter my mind.  I get things done.  I make a way.  Sounds kind of prideful doesn’t it?  Yes, it does.  And that is the trap we will find ourselves in with this mentality.  How did the Lord expose this “prideful” character flaw???  In a loving way that made me smile.  

Walking into the gas station, I went inside, having my normal conversation with the attendant as always.  But this time expressing how I “JUST MADE IT” to the gas station.  As she swipes my card, it returns “Excesses Amount”…translated “DECLINED!”  As I stand their not sure what is going on, the only thing I can do is take my card and exit the building.  But she stops me.  And she says, “Can I buy your gas for you???”  My response was as classic as it gets…”Huh?”  And she replies, “It’s easier to give than it is to receive”, and she buys me $20 worth of gas.  See, she was a young lady that I often stopped in just to see how she was doing.  We usually had conversations that offered encouragement both ways.  And here I was, in a position to receive a blessing, and was just about to turn it down.  But the words she spoke to me where words that only my Heavenly Father could have given her to say, just so I would know it was Him.  And I thought about her statement all night, and all day today.  Because it is true.  As children of God, HE will cause others to bless us in many different ways.  But if our mentality is not prepared, we will miss it every time. 

We have to understand how important our acts of kindness are.  I will always remember what she did.  Do I know her name????  No.  But now, she will be known to me by her action.  And to show just how much the Lord rewards what we “DO”, in Matthew 26:13, there was a woman, and she had an Alabaster Box filled with her most precious fragrances and oils, and she poured them on our Saviors head.  Do we know her name?  No.  But what did the Lord say???...”Assuredly, I say to you, wherever this gospel is preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will also be told as a memorial to her.”

~S

No comments:

Post a Comment