Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Watching my step...TODAY.

Today was one of those days.  I awoke this morning really missing my husband (we are separated).  I started my day with a prayer to overcome the feelings, but I then decided to take things into my own hands.  Now, this is going to sound crazy : ) but since my separation, I have been doing little things to make sure I keep myself on track.  I understand that right now I am wide open for the "enemy" to attack.  I have not been shaving my legs, my toe nails looked a mess, and I have only been wearing the "dreaded" undies : )

But this morning...after I had showered and gotten dressed, I stopped myself in my tracks and did a U turn.  I undressed, got BACK in the shower, shaved every part of my body, as I dried off, I took off my old toe nail polish, painted my toes, and pulled out my pretty lacey "undies"!  I wore a nicely "fitted" shirt and skirt, with my maroon colored Stiletoes!  I put on my best smelling perfume, grabbed my purse and headed out the door!!!!!!  Yes, my attitude had changed.  And I was determined to get ALL of the attention today, because I felt good and I know I looked good!  Then it happened.  A very nice looking guy was parked next to my car as I left the office.  And he lingered... And that's when the reality hit me!  I was not ready for that!!!!  I am still praying for my marriage to work!  I jumped in my car and without looking at the gentleman twice, drove off!  And I laughed!  Who was I getting back at?  Why did I have such an attitude?  Oh well, I went back to my office and remained there.  I know longer wanted the "attention".  I smiled, because I knew the "Red Sonya" would never totally die : )  It was nice to see her today...but she has to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment